Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The old ways are the wrong ways

I have always thought that I was a 'normal' person. I thought that my parents were 'normal' and by extension my family were 'normal'. I was wrong. I doubt that most people families are 'normal'. I discovered this by reading a book by Swiss Psychoanalyst and Author Alice Miller. The book was called 'The Body never lies' and it literally saved my life. It has opend the door for me to begin living the life I want and freeing myself from the cruelty and indignation I suffered at the hands of my parents, and which I still suffer internally due to their conditioning of me when I was still an infant. This is not an anomaly and is in fact a societal norm that happens in most families. The thing is that we don't remember what happened to us as children and so how could we say whether we were conditioned to obey our parents at such an early age or not. We can't, but it did happen.
This blog is my attempt to express my self and my emotions, which were denied to me by my parents for such a long time. It may be confronting to some but it is all the truth. I hope you find it interesting and incitefull.

No comments:

Post a Comment